Are you looking for the perfect bar outfits for your next night out? These stylish ideas will have you covered, no matter what kind of bar you’re hitting up!
Whether you’re doing a girls’ night out, living the single life, or meeting your Tinder date the typical bar outfits from your bygone college years are not the aesthetic you’re looking for these days.
The best bar outfits look classy, sexy, and youthful, all without looking like you’re trying too hard.
These stylish outfits are the perfect inspiration to help you achieve an elevated and playful look on your next outing. Bottoms up, ladies!
This post is all about the best bar outfits.
Best Bar Outfits
Night Out Bar Outfits
The perfect bar outfits for your next night out are both elegant and sensual, with a bit of fun thrown in, too. You may be heading somewhere with an upscale dress code, so the goal is “dress to impress”. Make sure you pair these looks with a dressier jacket or coat if the weather requires one.
Little Black Dress
Let’s start with the classic “LBD”, a little black dress. Your go-to dress that fits well, looks good, and is quick and easy to style with heels or flats and statement accessories. The key here is “little” meaning it shouldn’t be over-designed, heavy, or hit below midi-length. The LBD is sexy because it’s understated, but still compliments the shape of your body.
Find a similar little black dress here:
- Ramy Brook Alexis Wrap Dress – Look boho-chic in this luxe satin-charmeuse wrap dress with drapey sleeves and a plunging neckline!
- NA-KD Waist Detail Wrap Dress – This comfortable faux wrap dress hugs curves perfectly and has a slit making it perfect for a night out!
- Sophie Rue Linen Midi Dress – This lightweight dress is flirty with a square neckline, puffed sleeves, and a side slit detail.
Almost the opposite of the LBD in terms of style is a flashy dress. This dress style does all the talking for you in terms of color, fabric, shape, and flair (yes, it has flair baby!). The dress should still compliment your body shape and shouldn’t be too long, heavy, or bulky in fabric. You’re at a bar where it could be crowded and hot, so you need some containment in your look. Keep shoes and accessories understated as your clothing is what’s on tap tonight.
Find a similar flashy dress here:
- ELLIATT x Revolve Camo Dress – click here – You’ll definitely turn heads in this halter dress with an asymmetric hemline!
- Current Air Silk Bias Midi Dress – Perfect combination of sexy and luxe, and total ’90s vibes!
- Never Fully Dressed Mono Shell Slip Dress – The ultimate summer dress from the beach to the bar, and then some!
Wow Jumpsuit Or Pants
Don’t ever underestimate the value of a pair of statement pants or a jumpsuit. A statement jumpsuit or pants are similar to a flashy dress in that they make a statement when you walk into the room. They fit your body beautifully and simply look amazing in cut, color, and fabric. Moveable fabrics are also great to dance in. Pair pants with an understated top in a darker color as the spotlight is on the pants. Or go for matching separates to make an even bigger statement. Keep accessories minimal.
Find your perfect jumpsuit:
- Lulu’s Flaunt It Like That One-Shoulder Jumpsuit – Edgey set with an asymmetrical crop top and matching straight-leg pants in bold colors.
- Norma Kamali Sleeveless Jumpsuit – click here – Sleek and elegant jumpsuit that would look beautiful with a waist belt! I own pants in the same material from this brand and it’s so comfortable!
- Jessica Simpson Devyn Jumpsuit – Super fun day-to-night palazzo jumpsuit in a flowy floral pattern.
Cute Bar Outfits
Cute bar outfits don’t require an upscale dress aesthetic but are flirty and playful.
Playful Top With A Short Skirt
You can’t go wrong with a short skirt (above the knees) and a cute top at a bar. It’s probably one of the most classic looks out there. Play with different tops like t-shirts to dress the look down or a knit top to dress it up. Avoid crop tops and super low necklines to maintain proper balance and symmetry (so you’re not showing too much skin). Short skirts look best with over-the-knee boots, knee-high boots, pumps, sandals, or flats. Ankle boots will make your legs look shorter, so opt for a different shoe.
Related Post: Style Trends 2023 | What You Need To Know
Find a cute skirt for your next bar outing:
- Maeve Ruffle Wrap Midi Skirt – click here – This midi skirt has a high slit, so it goes short in the right places!
- Marcella NYC Alma Skirt – The perfect high-waisted mini skirt with elasticized panels at the waist to give stretch and edge!
- Heidi Merrick Folded Leather Skirt – Sexy wrap-around waist skirt in vegan leather to dress up with boots or down with a t-shirt and sneakers!
Band T-Shirt With Black Jeans
You can’t ever go wrong with wearing a cute band t-shirt at a bar. It’s a great conversation starter if you’re trying to meet people. A band t-shirt ensures you look casual and cool and when paired with black jeans, elevates your look. Take your look up another notch by tucking your shirt into your jeans and adding a belt.
Find the perfect pair of black jeans:
- Le High Rise Flare Jeans in Film Noir – click here – I own these and they are so flattering with pointed-toe heels!
- G Star Raw Deck Ultra High Wide Leg Jeans – These would look super cute with a cropped tank or sweater.
- Mother The High Waisted Rider Skimp – Minimal slim black jeans needed in every closet.
- Women’s Flex Motion Regular Fit Bootcut Jean – click here – Amazing budget option!
Feminine Top With Flattering Jeans
The perfect mix of feminine and fun is with a top or bodysuit that enhances your best parts, whether it’s your shoulders, arms, neck, decolletage, or waist. Make sure it’s a cut you feel comfortable in, so you can keep your focus on all the action around you rather than adjusting things. The jeans should flatter your figure, so find the best style for you in cropped, skinny, bootcut, wide-leg, or flared styles. The lighter the denim, the more casual you will look, and vice-versa.
Related Post: Denim Style Trends | The Best Jeans For Your Body
Find the perfect feminine top:
- Diane von Furstenberg Salem Mesh Bodysuit – click here – Show some skin with this ruched, off-the-shoulder top.
- Favorite Daughter The Date Blouse – Classic and sensual satin blouse that doubles as a wardrobe staple; cute with leather shorts or trousers.
- Mango Guipure T-Shirt – This fitted lace top is absolutely adorable (and also with a maxi skirt)…I want it!
Winter Bar Outfits
Winter bar outfits can be tricky to style because of the temperature differences inside and outside as well as the coat check situation (and if it even exists). Research online or call the bar to confirm whether there’s a coat check and dress accordingly, so you know what to expect when you arrive.
Lightweight Sweater Dress With Heels
A sweater dress with tall boots or heels can look sexy and chic. Opt for fabric in ribbed cotton knit, or a lightweight cashmere or synthetic blend, so you aren’t sweating buckets by the end of the night. Sweater dresses can come in alluring necklines, so you don’t have to bundle up in a turtleneck if you want to show some skin. Belt the sweater dress to add shape. Pair solid colors with statement jewelry. Keep the dress length midi or shorter.
Find the perfect sweaterdress here:
- Ted Baker Chelsiy Sweetheart Neckline Knitted Dress – Slinky dress with a slit and in a gorgeous variegated knit pattern!
- ASTR The Label Mock Twist Neck Midi Sweater Dress – OMG, I’m obsessed with the neckline of this dress!
- Lily Silk Classic Turtleneck Cashmere Dress – click here – Classic, warm, but short enough to look cute at the bar!
Silk Blouse With Jeans And A Blazer
A silk blouse styled with jeans, and a blazer is one of the best bar outfits because it offers the perfect balance of dressy and casual. A lacey silk tank is great in warmer months, and in winter you can add a thin baselayer under a long-sleeve blouse. The elegance of the blazer balances the casual denim fabric for a chic evening look.
Find the perfect silk top:
- Banana Republic Satin Classic Shirt – click here – Classic and simple; leave a few buttons undone and let loose!
- Simkhai Alice Top – The draping of this one-shoulder-cold-shoulder top is so elegant, plus the color!
- Elie Tahari Silk Satin Cami – Glam vibes with this flattering cowl-neck cami.
Velvet Top With Leather Pants
Nothing says ‘winter night out’ quite like velvet. Add some youthfulness to your look with a fabulous pair of leather or leatherette pants. The thicker pant fabric will add warmth to your outfit, paired with the thinner velvet fabric on top. If you choose leather leggings without back pockets, make sure your top or jacket covers you behind to avoid an overly-sexy look.
Find the perfect velvet top for winter:
- Donna Karan Velvet Signature Tunic – click here – OMG, I’m in love with the gorgeous silver buttons and the high/low flared hem of this tunic!
- Marcella NYC Manhattan Velvet One Shoulder Top – click here – Unique top with a wrap-around neck and an open sleeve and back!
- Joie Juniper Velvet Top – click here – Flirty little top with flutter sleeves and a sweetheart neckline.
Country Bar Outfits
Heading to a country bar doesn’t mean you always have to pull out the flannel and cowboy boots (unless you want to, then rock it, girl!). These country bar outfits will ensure you look both casual and stylish for a fun night out.
Chic Button-down, Jeans, and Western-Style Boots
This look trades in the flannel shirt for an upgraded button-down in cotton, Tencel, silk, or silk-like fabric. Opt for a relaxed style for comfort and moveability. Tuck or partially tuck your shirt into a cute pair of bootcut or flare jeans. A versatile western-style boot can be worn more often than a cowboy boot, and you can add a higher or lower heel as you please.
Find a chic button-down shirt for your country bar outing:
- Polo Ralph Lauren Oversize Fit Stripe Linen Shirt – Wear this open with a white or ivory bandeau top for an of-the-moment look.
- Reiss Natalia Stitch Detail Fitted Shirt – This tailored shirt gives all the retro vibes you could want.
- AYR The Pool Boy – This screams classy-chic for those ladies who want to rock a quiet luxury aesthetic at the bar.
Floral Dress With A Leather Jacket
A floral dress fits the scene of the countryside, and a leather jacket (like this gorgeous vegan one from LaBante London) adds edge to the look in the evening (and helps keep you warm if it’s cool). Keep accessories minimal with this look.
Find the perfect floral dress to wear:
- A.L.C. Cotton Top + A.L.C. Francis Cotton Midi Skirt – This matching set is fun, airy, and romantic!
- MISA Los Angeles Mahi Dress – This flattering day-to-night mini dress is giving me throwback ’00s vibes…obsessed.
- DITSY Cami Vintage Style Floral Tie Front Midi Dress – click here – These prints are so cute!
Boho Skirt With A Fitted Top
If you’re going to a bar where there will be music and dancing, it’s always fun to wear an outfit that moves with you (as mentioned earlier). A bohemian-style skirt is feminine, casual, and the perfect length for twirling and swinging without bearing all. Pair the loose skirt with a fitted top to balance your look and tuck or belt it into your skirt.
Find the perfect boho skirt here:
- Flutter Skirt // Lush Cotton, Natural Fiber, Flexible Waistband / Woman Be Free – click here – Gorgeous boho skirt!
- SILK VELVET SKIRT, Full Length Velvet Skirt Navajo Style – click here – Stunning winter skirt that would look amazing belted!
- Boston Proper Crochet and Fringe Maxi Skirt – Perfect summer skirt with flats or heels, day or night!
Summer Bar Outfits
Ah, summer. These are the nights you want to keep cool without showing too much skin. Here are the best summer bar outfits for that.
Palazzo Pants With An Understated Top
Palazzo pants are pants with super-wide legs that flare from the waist out. They come in flowy, breathable fabrics that move beautifully when you walk and dance. Palazzo pants are true “wow” pants and are perfect for summer nights. Pair your statement palazzo pants with an understated sleeveless top, fitted tank, or tube top.
Find the perfect pair of Palazzo pants:
- Lily Silk Wide-legged Silk Fig Pants – click here – The perfect length to pair with flats!
- Micas Heavy Satin Wide Leg Pants – These gorgeous sage pants are perfect for an elevated summer look!
- Farm Rio Printed Wide Leg Pants – These pants have the most beautiful, symmetrical design ever.
Flirty Summer Dress
A flirty summer dress in a fun color or print looks very fashionable on a summer night. Flowy fabrics like silk and chiffon paired with a strappy heel create a romanticized look. A slinky jersey fabric looks great in a bodycon shape with a pair of wedges or platforms.
Find the perfect summer night dress here:
- Ash & Eden Multi Olga Mini Lace Insert Dress – This gorgeous floral mini dress will carry you from day to evening with a pair of flats or heeled sandals!
- Ever New Halter Midi Dress in Black Polka Dot – click here – Flirty midi polka dot dress with a tie waist and slit!
- ASOS Design Knitted Racer Midi Dress – Nothing that a fitted knit midi tank dress won’t solve on a night out!
- Cult Gaia Kendall Knit Dress – This halter-style mini dress is a definite showstopper for the bar or on vacation.
Look no further than a shirtdress in a luxurious fabric for a more conservative (but not boring!) bar outfit. Fabrics in silk, synthetic satin, or cotton sateen (cotton with a sheen) elevate the look of a shirtdress for going out. Belt or tie your shirtdress to enhance your body shape. Try a belt or wrap tie similar in color to the shirtdress for that elegantly tonal look. Thin belts help to keep your look cool and lightweight for summertime.
Find the perfect luxurious shirtdress here:
- Banana Republic Serenade Silk Shirtdress – Style this luxurious silk dress year round with layers or not – such a great investment piece!
- Free People Vintage Summer Midi Dress – Take this shirtdress from day to night with a plunging neckline and you control the amount of leg shown!
- J. Crew Relaxed-fit Short-sleeve Baird McNutt Irish Linen Shirt Dress – Belt this dress and style it up with heavyweight jewelry.
This post was all about bar outfits
- What To Wear To A Comedy Show: Best Dressed Style Guide
- What To Wear In October: New York City Edition